9/20/11

It was one of those nights where the clouds hung low in the sky. Smudged across the periwinkle horizon like last nights mascara. I walked out to his pen, leaning against the dusty railing. He stood there, in the fading light, with his head held low between his knees. My teeth clamped down on my lip and a bubble of doubt swelled in my chest. What if I haven't done enough?

As I stood there wallowing in my self doubt it struck me that I have been neglecting this blog. I'd love to tell you, my readers, that I was busy saving the world or doing good for someone. That would taste a lie. I've been busy no doubt - but it's wrong to ignore something once you start. I'm sorry readers for leaving you in limbo.

Gatsby leaves soon. With every blurry sunset and every falling leaf goodbye stalks closer. Goodbye, is a nasty nasty creature indeed. Goodbye - empty at best. I hate it.

Little Gatsby isn't so little anymore. He has shot up over these last couple months. The muscles in his neck and shoulder seem to have appeared from nowhere as well. He reminds me of the moon, one night you look at it and it's hardly even there, the next time you steal a glance it hangs, a god among the stars, full and radiant. His future is so bright.

A brief list of things we've accomplished since my last post
-Walking over a bridge
-Walking over a tarp
-Hooves trimmed by the farrier (no problems at all! In fact our farrier loves Gats)
-Saddling
-Backing through poles
-Trotting over poles
-Loading in trailer
-Unloading (without rushing or crowding)
- Standing in the trailer

I'm nervous yet excited to take him to his feature in October. Although it will be bittersweet to drive home with an empty trailer.

I'll write again soon-
Raime

No comments:

Post a Comment